Non-Profit Health Insurance Cooperatives that solve the small business problem.
The Georgia Health Plan Trust (GHPT) is a comprehensive health insurance and employee benefit solution for member employees, currently sponsored by the Home Builders Association (HBAG) of Georgia and the Georgia Utility Contractors Association (GUCA).
The GHPT looks just like a traditional health insurance program. The program has multiple plan options, traditional provider networks, and other key benefits like pharmacy, dental, life and voluntary benefits.
The GHPT is a non-profit trust designed for members of participating associations. It differs from traditional plans:
- No shareholder returns or executive compensation. All the savings or “profits” go back into the plan to help keep premiums level or improve benefits.
- Plan is owned by the members and they elect the trustees to the plan.
- All trustees are non-compensated volunteers.
- Governed by the Georgia Department of Insurance.
- Full Certificate of Authority.
- Adheres to insurance industry underwriting guidelines and obtains stop loss coverage from major reinsurers.
download this PDF